Men’s tennis grabs early lead over Moravian, but falls in 6-3 loss
HUNTINGDON, Pa. – Juniata College men's tennis took a slim lead over Moravian College out of doubles play, but couldn't sustain the lead in singles action and dropped a 6-3 decision to the Greyhounds in a Landmark Conference matchup on the Raffensperger Tennis Courts.
The Juniata tandem of Andrew Hoffman (Blain, Pa./Susquehanna Township) and Matt Butler (Quakertown, Pa./Salisbury School) posted an 8-2 win over Moravian's Brad Kutcha and David Chan at no. 3 doubles. Justin Wisniewski (Moorestown, N.J./Moorestown) and Brice Morey (Enola, Pa./East Pennsboro) continued the success with an 8-5 win over the Greyhounds' Drew Shreter and Lewis Cooper at no. 2 doubles.
In singles play, Hoffman had the lone Juniata point with a 6-0, 6-0 win over Chan at no. 6 singles. The Eagles dropped matches at no. 3, 4 and 5 singles in three-set matches.
Juniata is scheduled to face Susquehanna University in another Landmark Conference match on Tuesday, March 10, at 4:00 p.m. on the Raffensperger Tennis Courts.
Moravian 6, Juniata 3
1. Kevin Holze (MOR) def. Justin Wisniewski (JUN) 6-3, 6-2
2. Doug Morrow (MOR) def. Elliott Perow (JUN) 6-0, 6-3
3. Drew Shreter (MOR) def. Brice Morey (JUN) 1-6, 6-3, 7-6
4. Lewis Cooper (MOR) def. Tucker Good (JUN) 6-4, 4-6, 6-1
5. Brad Kutcha (MOR) def. Matthew Butler (JUN) 6-4, 3-6, 1-0 (10-3)
6. Andrew Hoffman (JUN) def. David Chan (MOR) 6-0, 6-0
1. Kevin Holze/Doug Morrow (MOR) def. Elliott Perow/Tucker Good (JUN) 8-6
2. Justin Wisniewski/Brice Morey (JUN) def. Drew Shreter/Lewis Cooper (MOR) 8-5
3. Andrew Hoffman/Matthew Butler (JUN) def. Brad Kutcha/David Chan (MOR) 8-2