Men’s tennis upended by Scranton, 9-0
CLARKS SUMMIT, Pa. – Juniata College men's tennis ran into a buzz saw in the form of the University of Scranton, as the Royals blanked Juniata, 9-0, in Sunday's Landmark Conference match.
Juniata (6-8, 1-1 Landmark) opened the match by dropping all three doubles matches by 8-1 scores. The Eagles fared no better in singles play, as Scranton took all six singles matches in straight sets. Juniata's best chance to steal a point came at no. 1 singles, where Justin Wisniewski (Moorestown, N.J./Moorestown) dropped a 6-3, 6-3 decision to Scranton's Tim McGurrin.
The Eagles are back in action on Tuesday, April 3, when they travel to Frostburg, Md., to face Frostburg State University.
Scranton 9, Juniata 0
1. Joe Morra/Mike Pannone (S) def. Elliott Perow/Tucker Good, 8-1
2. Bennett Kelley/Tim McGurrin (S) def. Brice Morey/Justin Wisniewski, 8-1
3. Devin Patel/Brian Williams (S) def. Matthew Butler/Andrew Hoffman, 8-1
1. Tim McGurrin (S) def. Justin Wisniewski, 6-3, 6-3
2. Joe Morra (S) def. Elliott Perow, 6-2, 6-1
3. Jonathan Russo (S) def. Brice Morey, 6-1, 6-2
4. Mike Pannone (S) def. Tucker Good, 6-4, 6-1
5. Harry Bonet (S) def. Matthew Butler, 6-0, 6-0
6. Brian Williams (S) def. Max Weiss, 6-4, 6-1